- Information we collect
- How we use the information we collect
- How we share the information we collect
- Accessing and modifying your information
- Your preferences
- International users
- Our policy towards children
- How we protect your information
- Changes to this policy
- How you can contact us
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In order to provide you with our Services, we collect certain information from you when you register and interact with our Services. The information we gather is information you actively provide (for instance when you create a OhDiary account), and information we collect through your use of our Services.
Information You Provide
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register for a OhDiary account, we will ask for your name, email address and a password
- Your daily diary entry
- Other Services. We receive information when you choose to connect social media or other third party accounts and applications with your OhDiary account, including a token to authenticate your identity between these accounts
Information We Receive From Your Use of Our Services.
- Usage Information. We also collect certain information when you use our Services, including: (1) information about your interaction with the Services, including the actions you take on the Services and your interaction with other users and third party applications; and (2) device information, such as unique device identifiers, wireless service provider or mobile carrier, operating system information, IP address, browser type and language.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit.
- Subscription Information. For Premium users, in addition to the information set forth above, we also collect the user’s subscription start and expiration date, and whether the subscription resulted from a particular promotion.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use this information for the purposes described below:
- To provide our Services or information you request;
- To personalize, improve, and promote our Services, such as providing content or features that match your profile or interests (including ads), and to monitor and analyze usage and trends;
- To help you to find and connect with your friends, including inviting them to use our Services, and to help your friends find you;
- To communicate with you through email or messages, notices posted on our Services, and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these messages include: (1) welcome and engagement messages; (2) a text message to enable you to verify your telephone number; (3) service-related messages such as notifications, confirmations, updates, and security alerts; and (4) promotional messages. We will also communicate with you to provide customer service; and
- For any other purpose for which the information was collected.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE?
We will not share the information we have collected from you except as described below:
Sharing With Other Users.
- Nothing is shared! It is your private diary.
Third Party Applications.
We will share your information, including personal information, location information, friends list, and moments with certain social networking or other third party applications or services, if you choose to connect them to our Services.
Service Providers and Other Third Parties.
We will share your information with service providers and other third parties who are working with us to perform functions and process user data on our behalf. Service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes). Some of these service providers and other third parties, such as analytics providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use our services. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
Other Sharing. We will also share your information:
- When you give us your consent to do so;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access and modify certain profile information or delete content you have posted through our Services. You can either temporarily disable or permanently delete your account through our Services.
If you disable your account, we log you out of your account and cease sending you push notifications, but we will save your information in case you later decide to reactivate your account. Your profile and content will still be visible by other users.
If you delete your account, we will permanently delete your account information and moments and we will delete your messages according to our regular retention schedule. Please note that we will continue to store certain information for analytics purposes, but that information will not include your personal information such as name, email address, or telephone number. We will also retain any information as required by law. Comments or emotions you make on content shared by others, or messages you send, may also remain visible to other users after you delete your account.
We provide you with settings that allow you to adjust your sharing preferences, including the automatic sharing of your location with others. Please carefully use our Services and review your account settings.
Our settings may also allow you to adjust your communications preferences. If you do not wish to receive promotional email messages from OhDiary, you may opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, you will still receive non-promotional emails from us about your account and our Services.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Our Services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will delete such information.
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS PROVIDED UNDER THE GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify, port and erase your data. Learn more about these rights, and find out how you can exercise your rights in the OhDiary Settings section. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the "unsubscribe" link in such marketing communications; and
- the right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party. You can exercise this right on OhDiary.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Effective Date: May 25, 2018